Here’s 3 Ways to Serve Produce When Its Past the Fresh Salad Stage:
(as long produce leaves have a dry texture it should not be wet- it can be cooked)
- Cut off bottom browning areas & root discard or save for compost
- Grill Asparagus until al dente
- In saute pan, add mushrooms then transfer to Asparagus (keeping warm)
- Lightly braise leaves front and back add parsley just before finish
- Season to taste Kosher Salt & Ground Pepper & Red Pepper Flakes
(Romaine Lettuce / Butter Lettuce and other lettuce in this group can be cooked as greens if done lightly)
Braised Romaine Asparagus Shikote Mushroom & Parsely
For Brunch with Eggs and Red Peppers
Topped with Parmesan Cheese
The most distinct and simple way of elevating a dish is using herbs. It enhances the ingredient and really allows flavors to come alive.
The wonderful thing about it, is that it’s very inexpensive to achieve, anybody can do this. Anybody can grow herbs and make it a part of their cooking experience then, truly enjoy what they’ve created.